Sunday, January 6, 2008

Looking Forward


We all had a quiet Christmas which was good for Leo's knee. Now the girlies (Buffie and Fifi) are in season. This means I have to have eyes in the back of my head, as not only do I not want them to get together just yet, I also don't want Leo to put his knee under any extra pressure. I've written to the Kennel Club asking for permission to show Leo now that he has had this operation and I expect they will get in touch with Mike Shaw our vet.


We don't have a show until the end of January but I don't expect we will have heard by then so Leo won't be in the ring. In any case he still has a very light-coloured rear leg as the hair is still very short and pale where it was totally shaved for the op.


Maybe, at Fifi's next season in mid summer I will let them mate and we will have our first litter of puppies. I am so excited about this, I just hope it goes well.

No comments: